Hey, welcome! Facing the following issues? if yes, no worries we will discuss the Real meaning of Critical thinking skills.
And in this article, I’d like to solve these three issues. So I have divided the whole content into the following segments:
- Definition of ‘Critical Thinking’
- Difference between a ‘normal thinker’ and a ‘critical thinker’
- Problems a ‘normal thinker’ faces
- Benefits a ‘critical thinker’ gains
Feeling curious? Let’s begin!
‘Thinking’ is natural for us. In our day-to-day life, we often hear this word in school, college, family, or anywhere. But here the question arises: what is the basic difference between normal thinking and critical thinking? Right!
If we know what exactly distinguishes ‘just thinking’ from ‘critical thinking, we will surely get it.
If we try to understand this whole wonderful definition of critical thinking, it might be possible to understand what exactly critical thinking is.
No doubt everyone thinks and thinking is a continuous process of our brain and comparatively we have the most efficient thinking machine than other creatures in this world. We create, produce, process and deliver uncountable thoughts each and every passing minute for some extraordinary purpose and sometimes with no purpose too. We market our thoughts to the required fields- Some thoughts for our personal life in the form of emotions and some other thoughts for our professional life in the forms of ideas, skills, and knowledge. And all these things are possible because we have the ability to THINK.
But when just thinking is converted to critical thinking then it will be more possible to achieve tremendous success in our daily life, academic and workplaces.
Here is the exact meaning of critical thinking skills,
Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action.
Now I would like to show you a different comparative scenario so that you can feel the exact difference between a normal thinker and a critical thinker.
What exactly is Critical Thinking and how can we know someone is a critical thinker?
Critical thinking is the process of thinking better. It is the ability to think more deeply on particular information whether it may be a text message, physical or digital conversation, visual context, listening to someone, or thinking alone. Whatever is in your mind, if you push yourself to think objectively, zooming in as much as possible and reaching a better understanding level then it may be considered as you are a critical thinker at some level. Because you know shoddy thinking is costly, both in money and in quality of life. Excellence in thought, however, must be systematically cultivated. Then only, you can call yourself a great thinker.
Getting my point?
Now I would like to make you familiar with some of the key issues of a normal thinker in day-to-day life.
Somehow you have noticed, some students are incapable of :
- Observing particular information or a set of information. They just take decisions randomly before observing well.
- Analyzing particular information or a set of information. They have considered one thinking without having a proper set of logic and data.
- Synthesizing something more from the prescribed data. They are just incapable of making something new from a given data.
- Taking inference on an activity or situation. They are just unable to apply specific logic and reasoning in a situation.
- Sharing and communicating the information with others. They have no good communication skills, by means of which they fail at sharing their thoughts, feelings with others.
- Solving a particular problem is followed by systematic research and analysis on a set of information. Sometimes they know the facts, figures; but are just unable to apply specific logic for solving a problem.
Yes? Somehow you might have suffered from one or more of the above-mentioned issues in your life. But do you know why you are suffering from these issues?
Nothing yaar! It is just the lack of critical thinking skills.
Yes, you read it right.
So, perhaps you are thinking about the other signs of being a critical thinker. That’s the outcome!
One thing is very sure, if you have mastered this skill, then you can easily:
- Observe a set of given information.
- Analyze a set of the provided information.
- Synthesize somewhat original from a given set of data.
- Take decisions, followed by sharp observation and systematic analysis.
- Share the analyzed and decided information with others and gather the feedback, which you feel is necessary for you.
- Solve any problems based on your own research, followed by proper logic and reasoning.
Hope you have a better understanding of what exactly critical thinking is now.
If you are curious to know its tremendous importance, why thinking critically is more important in your day-to-day life and workplaces then sure click on the link below!
Lastly but not at least, we can say
Hope you have a better understanding of what exactly critical thinking is now. This article was just for a basic understanding. Now for a better understanding of how this skill matters a lot for you, you should visit our next articles. There you can now realize the essence of this skill-set and also come to know how to build this skill-set in the most possible way. So stay tuned with Chatshala. Wish you a Good Time!